Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quotes

Drew has been reminding us halfway through dinner that we forgot to pray prior to dinner. So she has us all stop eating and have Jeremy and I each say a prayer before her -- ours are pretty standard, thanking God for our family, our food, our home and the new baby. Last night. when it's Drew's turn she says:
"Dear God, thank you for Mommy and Daddy, thank you for everything, and thank you for having the Holy Spirit fill our hearts with love to guide us in the right direction." Jeremy and I have to step up our prayers.

Jeremy and I were bellyaching today about our bad night's sleep and our aching backs when Drew said "I had the most horriblest day of any of the guys in our house. I flipped off the couch and hurt my back, I bumped my knee, and I fell going up the stairs."

One day this week while Drew was at my parents' house, my dad said he heard the washing machine go off. Awhile later when he went to switch the clothes to the dryer the clothes weren't there. The only person in the house was Drew so when he asked her what happened, she told him she moved the clothes from the washer to the dryer and started the dryer. Even more impressive, this is the new dryer that looks more like a spaceship than an appliance and I have yet to figure it out. Today she told me "I wish we had Grammy's washer and dryer." So do I Drew, so do I.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Go Drew! I love her prayer. And this is why I too wish I had a front-loading washer.