Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Drew-isms

This morning, while laying in bed: "Dad, I want peanut butter and honey on my toast. I'm not getting out of bed until it is ready."


Last night, after seeing a man pull a bow and arrow out of his trunk, she told me she wants a bow and arrow (like Merida from 'Brave') so she can shoot a deer and have its head as a trophy. Apparently there's a lot more Falsken blood running through her veins than I thought! (my apologies to the Zacks family)

After explaining what she will be doing at drama camp in a couple weeks: "I bet I will be the prettiest one. Or the funniest one."

At dinner, Drew had told us she climbed to the top of the rope at gymnastics camp, then clarified that she had climbed all the way to heaven. We figured it was either a short rope or she was exaggerating, no big deal.
A couple hours later, in the bathtub, she looked at me solemnly and said:
"Mom, I'm sorry I lied. I didn't climb all the way to the top of the rope. I only climbed almost to the top." Short pause.
"Mom, I'm sorry I lied. I didn't climb almost all the way to the top, I only climbed up a little ways." 
I responded with: "That's ok, I'm just glad you tried, I'm sure you will do better next time." Pause.
"Mom, I'm sorry I lied. I didn't climb the rope at all. They didn't let me because I wasn't wearing a leotard."
Who believes that the camp counselors at gymnastics camp told a 4-year-old she couldn't climb a rope because she wasn't wearing a leotard? The good news is she's starting to admit to lying, or at least recognize she is exaggerating. The bad news is, well, either the camp has a really strict leotard policy or we still have some work to do.

No comments: